Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: 3 Spoons

There are only a few places that can coax me into leaving my cave before the sun goes down, and 3 Spoons is one of those places. I like serving myself instead of talking to people, so this place is pretty neat. You just grab a cup (or a waffle bowl), fill it with yogurt, and add toppings. If you're like me, though, you put some "toppings" in the bottom of the cup. That way, you don't eat them all before you get started on the yogurt.

When you have your cup filled the way you want it, you take it to the register, they weigh it, and you pay them. This is the point at which they give you a spoon. A friend and I were thinking that they should give you the spoons before this point, so you can pack your yogurt down and get more into your cup, but we're probably the only fatties that think this way. We also understand that giving the spoons out at the end of the transaction makes sense because if they just set them out, there would be people eating their yogurt before paying for it.

3 Spoons is sometimes pretty crowded, but don't be alarmed. With the process being so simple, there isn't much waiting involved regardless of the crowd.
It has always been clean and bright when I have gone in. It is actually brighter than I would prefer, but I suppose yogurt places should be bright and cheery. It's so bright in there that I feel like a moth being drawn to the bright lights of Bug Heaven. Okay, maybe that is an exaggeration. But seriously - it's bright.

Check 3 Spoons out at 1524 11th St (Suite B).

PS: If you get lucky, you may run into local artist Carl Durbin - 3 Spoons' #1 customer!
Carl's latest yogurt photo, snagged from the 3 Spoons Facebook page

1 comment:

  1. :]x my sweetest addiction for sure. tell abe hello when you go :]]

    ReplyDelete